Thursday, September 20, 2007

COLD SORES

So many of you e-mailed me immediately yesterday regarding my cold sore dilemma, and I am extremely grateful (though I'm still looking like Queen of the Hideous Creatures today). The consensus seemed to be to rush out and buy a tube of Abreva; I dispatched Kip to the drugstore and the stuff was waiting for me when I got home. I applied it right away and several times during the evening and the night, and it's better today. At least it doesn't itch and burn, and it seems to be somewhat smaller, though that may be wishful thinking on my part. I look like either (a) a turtle, since the cold sore is right in the middle of my top lip, or (b) the victim of an unfortunate and prematurely aborted collagen-injection session. If I'd ever wondered how I would look with collagen injections, I know now, and the answer is: Bad.

So thank you all. For those of you who recommended lysine -- you are absolutely correct, and I don't know why I didn't think of it myself. I recommended the stuff to my father years ago (he was prone to cold sores), and he started taking it every day and never had another one. If anyone also knows of some lysine tablets or capsules that are relatively small, I would be delighted to hear about them; I still have trouble swallowing large pills. (I really am high maintenance, when it comes right down to it. Kip deserves a lot of sympathy.)

VIBES

Kip has a job interview tomorrow at 9 a.m. central time. This is a job that would be an excellent fit for him; he had a phone interview with the company earlier this week and when it was over, it didn't take five minutes for them to call the recruiter and ask for an in-person interview. It would also pay more than his previous job. If you can spare any vibes, please direct them toward the vicinity of Plymouth, Minnesota, tomorrow morning.

MY LATEST CONTEST ENTRY

I submitted a suggested name for the newest Minnesota-bred apple. I happen to think it's brilliant. If they choose my entry, I get a bushel of apples and bushels of fame and glory. And my father, who was devoted to Minnesota apples, will be grinning like crazy, wherever he is.

I'd like that much more than a mega-grill. Or even a trip to New York.

Free Counter